Helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle
Here’s a quick list of health and recreation options available at our lodging facilities at the Furnace Creek Resort in Death Valley National Park.
- Basketball and Volleyball Court
- Putting green, bocce ball court and shuffleboard
- Exercise Room (Inn guests only)
- Golf – world’s lowest course, 214 ft below sea level
- Horseback Riding & Carriage Rides – seasonal : October – May
- Massage Therapy (seasonal) At the Inn, a professional massage therapist provides a wide variety of services including Swedish, warm stone and reflexology. For those who want to indulge in true relaxation, revitalize your body and spirit by trying one of our spa treatments. To avoid disappointment, advance reservations are recommended. Please call (760) 786-2345 ext 120 to reserve your relaxation experience.
- Sauna (Inn guests only)
- 2 Spring-fed Swimming Pools
- Tennis Courts
- Children’s Playground
Nearby Activities, Attractions & Points of Interest
A wealth of interesting activities, attractions and points of interest can be found close to the Furnace Creek Resort.
- Climbing (rock) or Backpacking
- Festivals / Local Annual Events – 49′er Encampment, Veterans Day weekend; Badwater Ultra Marathon, July
- Hiking/walking/running trails
- Horseback Riding (seasonal)
- Historical & Architectural sites – Furnace Creek Inn and Scotty’s Castle – 60 minutes away
- Interpretive, Educational and Children’s Programs – offered by the National Park Service
- Museums – Borax Museum & Visitor’s Center
- Natural Sights – Zabriskie Point, Artist’s Palette, Badwater, the Sand Dunes, Ubehebe Crater, Dante’s View
- Theaters / Clubs – Amargosa Opera House for a unique historical show – 30 minutes away.
Furnace Creek Golf Course also stages four annual golf tournaments that are fun and open to the public. They are the Invitational in January, the Spring Fling in early April, the Heatstroke Open in June and the Fall Kick Off in October.