Furnace Creek Bike Rentals
Bike rentals are now available at the Furnace Creek Resort (excluding the summer) featuring 24 speed mountain bikes with sizes to fit the whole family. The bike rental shop is located adjacent to the General Store at the Ranch at Furnace Creek. To reserve a bike for your stay, please call (760) 786-3371.
Season: Winter, Spring, Fall,
Duration: 1-24 hours
Location: The Ranch at Furnace Creek
- Hour $15.00
- Half Day (up to 5 hrs.) $34.00
- Full Day (24 hrs.) $49.00
- Kids Bike (per hour) $5.00
Points of Interest
Views of Panamint and Black Mountains, alluvial fans, Death Valley salt pan, Badwater (lowest point in North America). Along the route are many side trips (Golden Canyon, Gower Gulch, Devil’s Golf Course, Natural Bridge Canyon, etc.) that are perhaps best left for exploration as separate car/cycle/hiking trips.
- NPS Cycling Death Valley
- Night Biking Safety
- Water: During the summer, drink at least one gallon (4 liters) of water per day to replace loss from perspiration. Carry plenty of extra drinking water in your car.
- Heat & Dehydration: If you feel dizzy, nauseous or have a headache, get out of the sun immediately and drink plenty of water. Dampen clothing to lower your body temperature.
- Hiking: Do not hike in the low elevations when temperatures are hot. The mountains are cooler in summer, but can have snow and ice in winter.
- Summer Driving: Stay on paved roads in summer. If your car breaks down, stay with it until help comes. Be prepared; carry plenty of extra water.
- Flash Floods: Avoid canyons during rain storms and be prepared to move to higher ground. While driving, be alert for water running in washes and across road dips.
- Cell Phones: Cell phones do not work in most parts of the park; do not depend on them.
- Dangerous Animals: Never place your hands or feet where you cannot see first. Rattlesnakes, scorpions or black widow spiders may be sheltered there.